CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Great Salad

There is no love sincerer than the love of food. -- George Bernard Shaw

Another one of my interests include cooking. I love finding new recipes and trying new things. I also make my own concoctions at times, but I don’t think that taste as good as what others tell me they do.

Over the weekend, we wanted a good salad. There is an Italian Restaurant in Northern Indiana that is known for their amazing salad. The actual recipe is a family secret, but I found this online. I made it this weekend and it is just as good as the one from the restaurant. I just had to share it with you!

p.s. don’t be afraid of the anchovies!


Casa D'angelo Salad

Ingredients
• 12 ounces iceberg lettuce
• 12 ounces romaine lettuce
• 1 red pepper, chopped
• 1 green pepper, chopped
• 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
• 1 cup garlic-flavored croutons
• ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
• ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
• 3 anchovies
• ½ cup red wine vinegar
• ½ teaspoon oregano
• ¾ teaspoon pepper
• ¾ teaspoon salt
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 1 cup olive oil or vegetable oil

Directions
Toss lettuces, peppers, bacon, mozzarella, and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese into large mixing/salad bowl, set aside.

To prepare dressing, combine anchovies, vinegar, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic, sugar, cornstarch, and remaining parmesan cheese into blender.

Mix in blender, slowly adding 1 cup oil.

Refrigerate until ready to use.

Combine salad, croutons, and dressing, serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment